Where I test several versions of classic South East Asian recipes, such as traditional Soya Sauce Chicken, before coming up with my own "ultimate" version, as well as share my own tried-and-tested recipes. Strong flavours only: no bland and insipid food here!
Slightly over a month to Chinese New Year! If it's gonna be just you in the kitchen cooking, here's a quick guide to how 1 person can easily prepare a CNY feast singlehandedly, including CNY dish ideas! Do also check out my traditional Chinese New Year Peanut Cookie recipe, for which I baked over 2000 test cookies before determining the "best" recipe.
- Singapore kueh dadar pandan coconut pancake recipe (Vegan)
- Champagne lychee konnyaku jellies recipe (naturally vegan) (GF)
- Pure Golden Osmanthus tea/ Gui Hua flower tea (No Caffeine)
- Easiest Infused Osmanthus Sugar Syrup Recipe
- Quick and easy salted egg snack recipe: popcorn
- Easiest 3-ingredient bird's nest and goji berries recipe, served in a coconut
- 13 Golden Recipes for a lucky Chinese New Year
- Recipes for a Chinese New Year Feast that 1 person can cook up
- Easy 5-ingredients 12345 pork ribs Recipe
See more Asian CNY recipes →
What's new on Greedygirlgourmet.com?
Pop back every week to see a new South East Asian recipe post! Right now I update on a random basis, but if you prefer a more structured approach, let me know.
- Easy Vegan Asian Wonton Rice Noodle Soup For Colds (GF)
- 26 Asian Superbowl Recipes (Snacks, Party Food)
- Dried Chinese Sour Plum Tea Drink with ice (SuanMeiTang)
- 11 ways to use 5 spice powder
- Best Poached One Pot Chinatown Soy Sauce Chicken (with rice)
- Authentic Singapore Nyonya Fried Dry Mee Siam Goreng Recipe
What do people like reading?
The people have spoken! Here are readers' 6 favourite tried-and-tested Asian recipes for the week prior to Jan 16 2022, refreshed on a weekly basis. (The 1st recipe is the most popular.)
- 8 Longevity Asian Noodle recipes for Chinese New Year (CNY)
- The Best Traditional Chinese New Year Peanut Cookies (4-ingredients cookies)
- Ginger, Red Date and Dried Longan tea recipe
- Roasted Korean barley tea (boricha/ mugicha/ damaicha)
- Easy Thick Salted Gula Melaka Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Yuzu konnyaku jelly recipe (15 minutes)
South East Asian recipes that involve 5-or-fewer ingredients
Whilst a lot of our recipes are very complicated, not everything delicious requires a lot of ingredients! Here are some SE Asian recipes that call for 5 or fewer.
- Traditional Japanese konjac jelly fruit salad (vegan dessert) (GF)
- 12 Easy Asian recipes (5 or fewer ingredients)
- How to get your popcorn to pop on the stove
- 2-ingredient agar agar jelly recipe (Kanten jelly) (Vegan) (GF)
- Korean plum tea (green maesil cha) (ume) (suanmei)
- Osmanthus tea konnyaku jelly recipe (Gui Hua Gao)
Recently Updated Recipes
Every now and then, I like to go back to my old recipes and make them better. The ones below are those that have most recently been improved.