A round-up of popular Asian Coffee Drinks, with recipes, for International Coffee Day!
Since we're talking about Asian coffee drinks, how can we not mention Vietnamese coffee? It's perfect for those who like their caffeine strong!
Or for a coffee drink with an interesting flavor, try this aromatic version! (You can use artificial or natural pandan syrup to make it.)
Tip: For a no-caffeine version, try Green Pandan Milk!
If you've been to Singapore and Malaysia, you know the local coffee is called Kopi and comes with thick condensed milk! Have it:
- black, with sugar: order a Kopi-O
- black, no sugar: order a Kopi O Kosong
- black, with sugar and evaporated milk: Kopi-C
- black with evaporated milk, no sugar: Kopi-C Kosong
- black, with extra evaporated milk: Kopi Gah Dai
- black, with less evaporated milk: Kopi Siew Dai
- strong, with condensed milk: Kopi Gao
- iced, with condensed milk: Kopi Bing
- with butter and condensed milk: Kopi Gu You
- pulled (as in tossed from cup to cup), with condensed milk: Kopi Tarik
You can see we take our coffee and tea very seriously in South East Asia!
Tip: you can apply the same suffixes (e.g. O/ O Kosong/ C) etc to "Teh" when ordering tea! To order an iced tea, you ask for "Teh Bing."
Peanut Butter Coffee
Serve this chocolatey, nutty coffee with a brown sugar cookie on the side!
Coffee Milk Tea
If you've missed your trips to Hong Kong, you can now make your own Cantonese Yuan Yang tea at home with this easy recipe. Goes well with these Cantonese dishes!
Tip: if you're trying to cut down sugar, here are some ways to sweeten without sugar!
With International Coffee Day falling in October, the season is turning chilly and this aromatic coffee-tea hybrid is the perfect way to stay warm and cosy!
It's super fast to make if you have homemade Chai Syrup in the fridge!
Iced Mocha White Chocolate
Not quite an Asian drink, but given the number of Starbucks stores in Asia, I figured this copycat recipe wouldn't go amiss here! Serve with a roasted Hojicha mochi bite on the side!
Which of these Asian Coffee Drinks is your favorite? Let me know in the comments!