6 delicious Asian whole chicken recipes for a united, prosperous and delicious Chinese New Year.
You may have noticed that the Chinese New Year (CNY) table is highly symbolic- we eat sweets for a sweet year ahead, dumplings to represent the gold that's (hopefully) coming our way and uncut noodles for long life. Another CNY dish that can't be missed out on is a whole chicken, to represent wholeness and prosperity. Remember to serve it whole- feet, neck and head included!
Click here for:
- a Chinese New Year meal planning guide, with more information on traditional CNY foods
- 5 Asian pumpkin recipes (in Chinese, pumpkin is "gua" and "ding gua gua" means "the best of the best")
- a very lucky 8 longevity noodle recipes
- a whole koi fish jelly to bring you abundance (the Chinese word, yu, sounds like fish)
- 15 golden Chinese New Year recipes to bring you lots of $$$
- 24 vegan/ vegetarian CNY recipes for an inclusive New Year
- the ultimate collection of almost 80 easy but delicious Chinese New Year recipes
In Soy Sauce
This Cantonese Soy Sauce Chicken recipe became the most popular post on my blog in just 1 day, and has consistently received rave reviews! Even better, you don't need to brine it but it's still super tender AND it's a lot of passive cooking, so you have time to prepare other CNY dishes!
More CNY recipes
If you try any of these whole chicken recipes for Chinese New Year (or anytime, really), don't forget to tag me on social media (@greedygirlgourmet)- I love seeing what everyone makes!